Creamy Tuscan Chicken with Coconut Twist
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
Salt and pepper, to taste
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 small onion, chopped
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 cup sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
1 cup chicken broth
1 cup coconut cream
1 teaspoon dried basil
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Fresh parsley or basil, for garnish
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the chicken to the skillet and cook until browned on both sides and fully cooked, about 4-5 minutes per side. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- In the same skillet, add the chopped onion and minced garlic. Cook until the onion is softened and fragrant, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add the chopped sun-dried tomatoes, chicken broth, coconut cream, dried basil, dried oregano, and red pepper flakes to the skillet. Stir until well combined.
- Bring the sauce to a simmer, then reduce heat to low and let it cook for about 5-7 minutes or until the sauce has thickened slightly.
- Add the cooked chicken back to the skillet and spoon the sauce over the chicken.
- Sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes, until the cheese is melted.
- Serve hot over your favorite pasta or rice and garnish with fresh parsley or basil, if desired.
Enjoy this creamy and flavorful Savory Sun-Dried Tomato Chicken in a Coconut Cream Sauce!